Association for Community Development (ACD) is working as a sub-recipient with the Global Fund grants since the year 2007 with all three-disease components i.e TB, Malaria and HIV/AIDS. In TB component, ACD worked with National TB Control Programme (NTP) and Mercy Corps (MC) and Green Star Social Marketing. In Malaria component, ACD worked with the Directorate of Malaria Control and Save the Children International and in HIV/AIDS component with the National AIDS control Programme and Save the Children International. All projects were implemented in close coordination and support of the provincial programmes and district health teams. In December 2017 HIV/AIDS project closed whereas TB and Malaria projects are ongoing. Following is the summary of different projects implemented as SR of Global Fund grants
|Donor||The Global Fund|
|Principal Recipient||National AIDs Control Programme|
|Starting Date||August, 2014|
|End Date||December, 2017
|Geographical Area||District: Lower Dir, Upper Dir, Chitral, Malakand Agency, Bajour Agency, Swat, Buner, Shangla, Haripur, Abbottabad, Mansehra, Torghar, Battagarm Kohistan,|
|Objectives||1. Improve access to HIV care and treatment support for PLHIV and their family members through the provision of CHBC services and improved referral mechanisms to ART site|
|Activities Conducted||1. Provide psychosocial and nutritional support;
2. Improve livelihoods via socioeconomic support and job creation for PLHIV;
3. Care for children affected by HIV & AIDS;
4. Provide social support network for PLHIV;
5. Expand VCT to increase detection and uptake of PLHIV;
6. Support ARV treatment adherence for adults and children;
7. Provide referral support to clients for HIV-treatment related services
8. Build supportive relationships with local community and faith-based groups working with high-risk populations
|Targets vs Achievement||
HIV/AIDs Package of Services:
- Nutritional support to PLHIVs and their Family member.
- Care for malnourish children affected by HIV & AIDS.
- Support ARV treatment adherence for adults and children.
- Provide referral support to clients for HIV-treatment related services.
- School fees and School Packages Support to infected and affected children.
- Skill development and support to PLHIVs to their sustainability.
- Detail medical investigation.
- Travel payment for ART registration.
- VCCT Testing Service to High risky community.
- Outreach Services to identified the most at risk population (MARP Group) and facilitate the VCCT and other social support.
- Provide social support network for PLHIV.
- Improve livelihoods via socioeconomic support and job creation for PLHIV.
- Identification of high risk communities and build supportive relationships with local community and faith-based groups working with high-risk populations.
Advocacy, Communication & Social Mobilization:
- Advocacy with government line deparments
- Creating awareness among general community and schools
- involving religious leaders and media representatives in awareness
- Establishing paartnership with CBOs/ NGOs and volunteers for creating awareness in the community
Strengthening Laboratory Services:
- Establishing microscopy centers
- Training Lab technicians
- External Quality Assurance
Human Resource development through training:
- Training on case management for health care providers
- Training on Inter-peerspnal communication
- Training on Quality of health care
Public Private Partnership / Mix:
- Partnership development with public and private sector institutions
- Involving para-statal and autonomous bodies in health care delivery
- Establishing partnerships with individual health care providers
- Procurement and Distribution of health and non health items
- Infrastructure enhancement and supply of equipment
Development of Training Materials:
- Development of guidelines, posters, handouts etc for case management, public awareness and advocacy